Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sparkly Gem Bottles

Hello fellow crafters! Jessica here. For the past week or so I have been working on re-purposing a blue wine bottle I had sitting on top of my fridge. I used the same gems Jennifer used to make her gemmed heart, mod podge, and a paintbrush. For the first wine bottle I made, I started at the top of the bottle, but after I finished and made a second one (this time using mutli-color gems) I found that starting at the bottom was actually easier because then you can hold the neck as you work your way up the bottle. And the gems can't slide down the glue because there are gems beneath them on the bottle. When I finished the bottle, I determined it is a bit...loud. I wish I would have left space in between the gems rather than pressing them all together. But for a super girly girl or a bling themed party (oooh maybe New Year's Eve center piece) it would work great. It was cheap and easy...just time consuming. I also made a smaller one with the different colors...I spaced the gems out more and liked the results better. Again, these may have to be party centerpieces because they are a little over the top for my taste. But it was easy-peasy~

No comments:

Post a Comment