Monday, January 28, 2013

Felt Tote


This is a simple DIY felt tote. It does not involve actually making the tote (I am not quite that talented) but rather one purchased for Hobby Lobby for about $12. The project is adding on embellishments to the felt bag to make it your own. All my supplies were purchased at Hobby Lobby, but many craft stores will have the things needed as well.
I used a gray felt bag, a package of two larger felt flowers, a package of six smaller felt flowers and a owl embellishment that has a fabric back. I also purchased fabric adhesive, but I would recommend using thread to secure the larger embellishments, if not all of them, as well.


Be sure to follow the instructions on the glue, exactly because that is important. If you don't let the glue sit on one of the fabrics before pressing to the other fabric, it takes a lot longer to stick and adhere.
It says you can wash whatever fabric you stick together after 12 days, but I do not plan on washing this bag. I am not sure I would trust it going through the washing machine, but hand washing would probably be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment